Authors Casey Griffiths, Mary Jane Woodger, and Bryan Ready
Walk in the footsteps of the first Latter-day Saints with this spiritual guide to Church historical sites.
This immersive guide draws from first-hand accounts and the expertise of leading Church historians to guide you through the rich history of significant locations of the Restoration. For these sacred sites, authors Casey Griffiths, Mary Jane Woodger, and Bryan Ready provide the background knowledge behind each site, the importance each property has in Church history, and a short devotional that prompts reflection and invites the Spirit.
With this guide you can
• experience the beauty of the Nauvoo Temple and learn its history and symbolism.
• visit the Red Brick Store where the Relief Society was first organized and the first temple ordinances were performed.
• explore Carthage Jail where the Prophet Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum sealed their testimony with their blood.
• see the final resting places of Joseph, Hyrum, Emma, and many of the early Saints.
• walk down the Trail of Hope and reflect on the sacrifices of the Saints as they left their beloved city Nauvoo and traveled West.
Immerse yourself in the spiritual history of the Restoration. You've never traveled like this before!