The Logistics, Warehousing and Fulfillment Manager works to continuously improve the level of service provided to our customers. She/he will oversee fulfillment across our internal and external channels and partners including driving the company’s capacity management strategy consistent with Corporate market plans and growth objectives.
The Manager is accountable for meeting and exceeding all operational goals, strategic capacity planning, and customer satisfaction.
The Manager is expected to resolve complex issues in creative, effective methods working collaboratively with both internal and external personnel and can operate with significant autonomy when needed. This position requires a proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with significant growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a time-critical environment. This role requires significant analytical skills and judgment, elevated attention to detail, organizational skills, strong project management abilities, proven experience with effective negotiating and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and accountability for all fulfillment, warehousing and logistics activities
- Manage and develop leadership team for fulfillment, warehousing and logistics
- Identify, develop and build positive, effective relationships with key external fulfillment, warehousing and logistics partners
- Develop and execute plans for optimization and expansion of fulfillment capabilities to meet growth objectives
- Champion initiatives and teams to drive process and operational improvements.
- Measure, communicate and manage performance and compliance with key processes. Identify corrective action
- Proactively establish good working relationships with FP&A, Strategic Sourcing, Operations and Finance to promote effective execution of projects and plans to meet key operational objectives.
- Manage and prepare operating budgets, capital expenditures and investments in infrastructure, technology, equipment, systems, or other assets and resources; analyze and approve operational investments that best meet the organization’s business needs within approval
- Build relationships with all organizational leaders to assess current processes and identify improvement opportunities
- Develop fulfillment, warehousing and logistics strategy including balancing development of internal and external capabilities, setting inventory level, fulfillment and improvement targets
- Train and develop leaders in your organization
- 5 -10+ years in direct fulfillment and/or supply chain operations
- Experience in multi-site, VMI and lean fulfillment environments
- Strong organization, project management skills with outstanding communication and follow-up abilities. You have a proven track record of delivering on time.
- Experience managing third-party production partners and negotiating contracts.
- Places the success of the customer and company ahead of any particular idea. Comfortable with transparency and developing solutions as a team
- Experience in materials management, including procurement, inventory control, warehouse management, and inbound/outbound logistics
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Proven leader with high integrity
- A flexible, dynamic, and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Computer proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- BS/BA degree in business, operations, technical or related experience