Do you love games, puzzles, jewelry, and toys (and not necessarily in that order)? Do you consider yourself a creative genius who wants to rule the world (insert maniacal laugh)? Do you scream for ice cream? Are you still reading this description? We hope you are because this may be the perfect job for you!
Cedar Fort, Inc., a publishing company in Springville, UT, is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and detailed-oriented individual to join our amazing Pioneer Products team! As the Creative Development Manager, you will oversee the creative development and production for the Pioneer Plus Gifts line and assist the team with sourcing and ordering products from vendors in the U.S. and China. The Pioneer Products team produces family-centric products such as board games, art, jewelry (men’s and women’s), children’s items (stickers, toys, pencils, etc.) stationary, journals and many other unique gift items. And did we mention we bask regularly in the shining rays of good ol’ fashioned fun? Oh yes–we work hard and play hard, so come join us. You’ll immediately be a contributing member of a fun, dynamic, and creative team that wants to change the world!
Candidates should be human and excellent team players who love creative environments.
- Oversee the creative development and production of products for the Pioneer Plus Gifts line.
- Research and propose new product ideas that will be competitive in the market.
- Help source products and negotiate pricing, quantities, lead times, samples, and shipping rates with U.S. and Chinese vendors and factories via email and Skype.
- Calculate sales margins and ensure that acceptable margins are being reached on products.
- Complete purchase orders for products and samples.
- Communicate and follow up accurately and efficiently with vendors via email, Skype, etc. to ensure that product orders and samples are received on time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Arts, Marketing, Graphic Design, Business, or other related fields required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated team leadership and strategic thinking.
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience speaking Mandarin Chinese preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Mac knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis.
- Able to handle stress and pressure of meeting deadlines and overseeing production process of many products at once.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Superior attention to detail accuracy and follow through.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Creatively solve problems.
- A healthy sense of humor. 🙂
WHO WE ARE
TRANSPARENT: We are open, honest, and candid.
ACCOUNTABLE: We recognize that the choices we make shape the future of our company.
INNOVATIVE: We encourage venturing off the beaten path with curiosity to challenge the status quo.
BIG THINKERS: We are smart and take strategic risks to advance our business forward.
COLLABORATORS: We work together as a team in a way that sets us apart.
CONTRIBUTORS: Each team member’s individual awesomeness is valuable and is a contribution to who we are as a company.
THE GOOD STUFF
- Medical/dental/vision benefits and 401K.
- Holiday, vacation, and sick pay.
- Company-paid professional development.
- Laid-back, fun, casual office environment.
- Regular company and team activities (movies, breakfasts, lunches, campouts, etc.)
- Free snack and drinks.
- Awesome employee discounts on company products and other services.
This is a full-time position from 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter with “Creative Development Manager” in the subject to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider scheduling an interview. Position open until filled. If you would like more information about our company, please check out our website at www.cedarfort.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 /year