Pioneer Production Manager
Cedar Fort, Inc., a publishing company in Springville, UT, is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and detailed-oriented individual who loves innovation and new ideas! As the Pioneer Production Manager, you will oversee gift production for the Pioneer Plus Gifts line. This includes seeking out and proposing new and innovative product ideas, filling the yearly production schedule with gift products, supervising the design of the product, and ensuring that product samples arrive on time and that project deadlines are met. The Pioneer Products team produces LDS and family-centric products such as board games, art, jewelry (men’s and women’s), children’s items (stickers, toys, pencils, etc.) stationary, journals and many other unique gift items. You will also assist the team with sourcing and ordering products from vendors in the U.S. and China and calculating and negotiating quotes. You will supervise at least two other people. And did we mention we bask regularly in the shining rays of good ol’ fashioned fun? Oh yes–we work hard and play hard, so come join us. You’ll immediately be a contributing member of a fun, dynamic, and creative team that wants to change the world!
- Lead a team of at least two people in producing 84-104 gift products a year.
- Research and propose new product ideas that will be competitive in the market.
- Help source products and negotiate pricing, quantities, lead times, samples, and shipping rates with U.S. and Chinese vendors and factories via email and Skype.
- Calculate sales margins and ensure that acceptable margins are being reached on products.
- Complete purchase orders for products and samples.
- Track product orders and samples and make sure they are received on time from vendors.
- Enter product information into the system and update the Production Schedule.
- Communicate and follow up accurately and efficiently with vendors on a daily basis via email, Skype, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Creative Arts, or other related fields required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- At least 1 year of supervising experience preferred.
- Demonstrated team leadership and strategic thinking.
- Experience speaking Mandarin Chinese preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Mac knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis.
- Able to handle stress and pressure of meeting deadlines and overseeing production process of many products at once.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Commitment and superior attention to detail accuracy and follow through.
- Ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities, able to organize and multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Creatively solve problems.
- A healthy sense of humor. 🙂
WHO WE ARE
TRANSPARENT: We are open, honest, and candid.
ACCOUNTABLE: We recognize that the choices we make shape the future of our company.
INNOVATIVE: We encourage venturing off the beaten path with curiosity to challenge the status quo.
BIG THINKERS: We are smart and take strategic risks to advance our business forward.
COLLABORATORS: We work together as a team in a way that sets us apart.
CONTRIBUTORS: Each team member’s individual awesomeness is valuable and is a contribution to who we are as a company.
THE GOOD STUFF
- Medical/dental/vision benefits and 401K.
- Holiday, vacation, and sick pay.
- Company-paid professional development.
- Laid-back, fun, casual office environment.
- Regular company and team activities (movies, breakfasts, lunches, campouts, etc.)
- Free snack and drinks.
- Awesome employee discounts on company products and other services.
This is a full-time position from 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter with “Pioneer Production Manager” in the subject to email@example.com and we will consider scheduling an interview. Position open until filled. If you would like more information about our company, please check out our website at www.cedarfort.com