We had a fun time at our Author Training last Friday! Over 25 authors and their guests attended, despite a fairly early hour. We learned about Facebook Fan Pages, author GoodReads Pages, Twitter Accounts, and even a bit of clogging, courtesy of Nate Moller.
Two things I really liked about the training was that authors were encouraged to do what was being explained WHILE it was being explained. I’m sure at least 5 authors made a Facebook fan page during the training, then they were able to hook up with the other authors who were there, which was the second thing that I really liked about the training. It’s so fun to finally meet our authors face-to-face after reading or working on their books. It’s kinda like meeting a celebrity.
Apparently it goes the other way too because when I introduced myself to one of the authors she said, “Oh you’re one of them who writes the blogs. I feel like I’ve met someone famous now.” *blush* Made my day. (This author’s first book comes out in December and is called The Break-up Artist.)
If you are feeling bad that you weren’t able to come, never fear…we recorded it! We should have link by the end of the week if you would like to purchase a DVD of the event and learn for yourself some tricks to marketing your book online.
Here a list of some of the authors that attended. And since they are now savvy Internet gurus, they would love to be friends with you online:
- B. K. Bostick (Huber Hill and the Dead Man’s Treasure)
- Shannen Crane Camp (The Break-up Artist)
- Heidi Doxey (Tiny Talks)
- Chris Hall (Conversations with a Moonflower)
- Chas Hathaway (Marriage is Ordained of God, But WHO Came Up with Dating)
- Jennifer Holt (Delivering Hope)
- Debra Terry Hulet (Independence Rock)
- Melissa Lemon (Cinder & Ella)
- Angie Lofthouse (Stolen Christmas and Other Stories of the Season)
- Sherri Mills (I Almost Divorced My Husband, But I Went On Strike Instead)
- Christy Monson (Texting Through Time: A Trek with Brigham Young)
- Frank Richardson (Where the Sun Rises)
- Tom Roulstone (Reluctant Soldier, Reluctant Saint)
- Mandi Slack (The Alias)
- Karey White (Gifted)
- Caleb Warnock (The Forgotten Sills of Self Sufficiency Used by the Mormon Pioneers)
- Michael Young (The Last Archangel)
If you attended, what did you enjoy about the training?
If you didn’t attend, what would you like to learn the next time we do this? Or what is something that all authors should know?
Bonus Kudos: I’m the only person in 3 of these pictures, what am I wearing?