Cedar Fort began in 1986 with Lyle Mortimer and Lee Nelson working together to release the book Beyond the Veil, Volume 1. Since then, Cedar Fort has grown and currently produces uplifting fiction and non-fiction books that are known across the globe. We have a solid catalog of LDS fiction and non-fiction, general release titles, including cookbooks, clean romance, and young adult adventures, and an LDS-oriented product line.
Cedar Fort’s Vision
We want to publish uplifting and edifying books that help people think about what is important in life, books people enjoy reading to relax and feel better about themselves, and books to help improve lives. Whether or not a book is written specifically to the LDS market, all of our books should be suitable and uplifting for any group. Our authors believe, as do we, that books should inspire readers to be better people, and we strive to always publish books that are in harmony with that spirit.
In the past few years we have grown substantially, and we hope to continue growing, bringing more authors and more great books into the marketplace. We are also excited to increase our CD and DVD product lines.
Cedar Fort’s Mission Statement and Motto
It is the mission of Cedar Fort to gather and develop life-enhancing and inspiring ideas and products, and convey them to our customers in the most professional, friendly and efficient manner.
Be Clean: Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain!
Cedar Fort’s Imprints
Cedar Fort, Inc., consists of ten imprints, Sweetwater Books, Bonneville Books, Front Table Books, Hobble Creek Press, Plain Sight Publishing, Horizon Publishers, Council Press, King Dragon Press, CFI, and Pioneer Plus. Each imprint offers fun and exciting titles for all ages.
- The CFI imprint features LDS religious nonfiction books.
- Sweetwater Books consists of our national juvenile, young adult, and adult fiction titles.
- Bonneville Books includes our LDS fiction titles for all ages with stories to inspire and engage.
- Front Table Books consists of beautifully designed cookbooks full of delicious recipes.
- Hobble Creek Press features our outdoor cooking, Dutch oven cooking, gardening, and outdoor survival.
- Plain Sight Publishing presents our lifestyle and life-enhancing general interest nonfiction titles, including self-help, parenting, relationship, crafting, and other nonfiction books.
- Horizon Publishers produces LDS nonfiction and interest books of all categories.
- Council Press presents our collection of historical western fiction and nonfiction.
- King Dragon Press has our martial arts books.
- Our non-book items, including jewelry, artwork, stationery, and other products for LDS families are produced through Pioneer Plus.
We are proud of the success of our imprints, and we continue to strive to provide excellent quality books and products to the public.
Cedar Fort’s Leadership
Bryce Mortimer, President and Owner
Bryce Mortimer is an entrepreneur and a problem solver and enjoys the innovation of system and process development. Currently serving as president of Cedar Fort, Inc., Bryce loves the storytelling industry and the opportunity to develop products that can bless lives. He has served on Pub West’s executive committee (PubWest), and the board of directors of the LDS Bookseller’s Association (LDSBA), and was a founding board member of the LDS Publishing and Media Association (LDSPMA). He and his wife, Jessica, have three children: two sons, Lyam and Sawyer, and a daughter named Lenora. They currently live in Santaquin, Utah, where they enjoy raising a family, beekeeping, and serving in their local community.