Cedar Fort, Inc., a publishing company in Springville, UT, is looking for a creative and detailed-oriented individual who is enthusiastic about innovation and new ideas! As a Production Assistant, you will help the Pioneer Products Manager with seeking out and proposing new and innovative product ideas. The Pioneer Products team produces LDS and family-centric products such as board games, art, jewelry (men’s and women’s), children’s items (stickers, toys, pencils, etc.) stationary, journals and many other unique gift items. You will also assist the team with sourcing and ordering products from vendors in the U.S. and China. And did we mention we bask regularly in the shining rays of good ol’ fashioned fun? Oh yes–we work hard and play hard, so come join us. You’ll immediately be a contributing member of a fun, dynamic, and creative team that wants to change the world!
- Assist with researching and proposing new product ideas to the Pioneer Products team.
- Help source products and negotiate pricing, quantities, lead times, samples, and shipping rates with U.S. and Chinese vendors and factories via email and Skype.
- Help calculate sales margins and ensure that acceptable margins are being reached on products
- Assist with writing PO’s (purchase orders) for products and samples.
- Track product orders and samples and make sure they are received on time in the warehouse.
- Enter product information into the system and update the Production Schedule.
- Communicate and follow up accurately and efficiently with vendors on a daily basis.
- Help monitor the inventory of Pioneer Products and reorder products when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Creative Arts, or other related fields. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience speaking Mandarin Chinese preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Commitment and superior attention to detail accuracy and follow through.
- Ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities, able to organize and multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Creatively solve problems.
- A healthy sense of humor. 🙂
This is a full-time position from 8AM-5PM Monday–Friday. Pay range is $25,000 – $27,000 depending on experience. Health and dental benefits available. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter with “Product Manager Assistant Position” in the subject to dpoulsen at cedarfort.com and we will consider scheduling an interview. Position open until filled. If you would like more information about our company, please check out our website at www.cedarfort.com