Cedar Fort, Inc., a publishing company in Springville, UT, is looking for a Director of Sales. The director of sales position is responsible for planning and implementing sales and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develop and manage sales operating budgets.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales programs.
- Direct market channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinate liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assist other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Review and analyze sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Monitor competitor products, sales activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Direct product research and development.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- 2-3 years of related experience with progressive management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration, or other related field required
- Business Acumen
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with a priority of accuracy
- Good organizational skills with a proactive attitude
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge, Mac knowledge is a plus
- Proven ability to balance and prioritize multiple goals and tasks
- Work well in a cohesive team-oriented environment
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks with speed and accuracy
- Customer/Client focus
- Leadership and presentation skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking and Technical Capacity
This is a full-time exempt position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Pay range starts at $65,000-$75,000 DOE. Health and dental insurance is available for full time employees. 401K is also available. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Bryce Mortimer at email@example.com with “Director of Sales Position” in the subject, and we will consider scheduling an interview. Position open until filled. If you would like more information about our company, please check out our website at www.cedarfort.com.